The new generation Pebble Time smartwatch set a ground-braking record on Kickstarter, raising almost $10M in its first day. The highly successful original Pebble raised $10.2M back in 2012, setting a standard for smartwatch technology to come. There are 29 days to go for the Kickstarter campaign, but at this rate we expect to see Pebble Time sold out anytime. The Early Bird ($159) and One Pebble Time ($179) Reward Tiers are already sold out with 40,000 backers.
Pebble Time introduces a new timeline interface and features a new color e-paper display and microphone for responding to notifications. The smartwatch promises up to 7 day battery life, water resistance and customizability. Pebble Time is fully compatible with all 6,500+ existing Pebble apps and watchfaces.
There are three colours exclusive to Kickstarter: black, white and red. All options include a soft silicone band, however all 22mm watch bands will fit.
Sending voice replies works with most major Android apps including SMS, Hangouts, Gmail, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp and hundreds more. For iOS users, voice replies are currently limited to Gmail notifications. We’re working to enable voice replies for more apps.
Here are some of the main features Pebble Time offers. Head over to the Kickstarter page for more information.
- color e-paper display that lasts up to 7 days
- built-in water resistant microphone
- step tracking with Jawbone and Misfit apps
- language and international character support
- runs new Pebble timeline operating system
- ergonomic design that’s 20% thinner than the original Pebble
- works with iOS 8 on iPhone 4s and above. All Android 4.0+ phones (including Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Google, Motorola, Xiaomi and more)